Fleurieu Peninsula Local Services
Fleurieu Peninsula ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Fleurieu Peninsula site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Fleurieu Peninsula Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Fleurieu Peninsula When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Fleurieu Peninsula Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Fleurieu Peninsula Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Fleurieu Peninsula ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Fleurieu Peninsula and a Place to Meet
The fleurieupeninsula.info Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Fleurieu Peninsula
Fleurieu Peninsula is a stunning region situated in South Australia, known for its natural beauty and rich history. Here are some interesting facts about this fascinating area:
1. The region was named after Charles Pierre Claret de Fleurieu, a famous French explorer who mapped the coast of South Australia in 1802.
2. Fleurieu Peninsula is home to some of Australia's most beautiful beaches, including Victor Harbor and Aldinga Beach.
3. With a Mediterranean climate, the region boasts many wineries and is renowned for its delicious food and wine production.
4. Fleurieu Peninsula is home to the famous Kangaroo Island, which was once home to Native Australians who thrived here for over 16,000 years. The island also houses many unique and protected species, including the kangaroo and echidna.
5. The region is also a hub for adventurers, offering some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling spots in South Australia, and many walking trails where visitors can explore the stunning natural scenery.
6. The peninsula has a long history of whaling, with the town of Victor Harbor once being a major center for sealing and whaling. The Whaling Museum in Victor Harbor is a key attraction for visitors interested in the history of whaling in Australia.
7. Since the region is located near the mouth of the Murray River, it has a rich agricultural history. Fleurieu Peninsula is home to many farms that grow strawberries, olives, and almonds, among others.
8. The spectacular Star of Greece restaurant is also found in Fleurieu Peninsula, named after a ship that sunk off the coast of Port Willunga in 1888. The restaurant serves delicious seafood and boasts stunning views of the ocean.
9. Fleurieu Peninsula is famous for its annual festivals including the McLaren Vale Grape Wine and Food Festival, Sea and Vines, and the Fleurieu Folk Festival.
10. It is also home to the picturesque town of Port Elliot, which once housed one of the first railway stations in Australia. The town's Heritage Railway Station is now a popular tourist destination.